This course enables candidates to perform safe and effective massage treatments and obtain a Diploma approved by BABTAC. This Diploma includes a detailed study in Anatomy & Physiology and is a pre-requisite to training in additional therapy treatments.
The Body Massage / Anatomy & Physiology Diploma is approved by the Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBTAC).
Students attending this qualification will cover:
- Health & Hygiene
- Skin Structure, Function and Diseases
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Consultation / Assessment
- The basics of Swedish Therapeutic Body Massage, and guidance on how to develop a massage routine for each individual client.
- The proper application of massage techniques and use of body posture.
- The benefits of massage and its contraindications.
- Identification and location of body surface landmarks – including muscles and bones.
This course will be spread over a period of nine months
Days: Monday and Wednesdays 09:15 – 12:45
17:30 – 20:30
Course starts in the 25th September
Massage is the systematic manipulation of the soft body tissues for therapeutic purposes. The English word massage is derived from the Arabic word ‘mass’ ‘h’, which means to press gently. This itself gives a hint to the long history of massage.
Massage in its most basic form has been around as long as man, however today there are many highly specialised forms of massage all derived from these basic techniques.